Head of Design (f/m/d)
Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We're looking for a Director of Product Design who is eager to support and continue developing our well-established team and enable Billie to bring a stellar experience to B2B customers in the FinTech space. You'll be working closely with our Engineering, Marketing, and Product Management Leads and Directors, as well as the Lead UX Researcher, Service and Product Designers in your team. You want:
- Lead and develop a skilled UX team of designers and researchers embedded into agile cross-functional teams.
- Create and feed a strategic vision for your team, empower your leads in their roles, help connect all the individuals to how their role ladders up to the UX vision and company goals and provide opportunities to your team to work independently towards the goals.
- Contribute to and facilitate the execution of a business strategy in close alignment and active collaboration with key stakeholders across the product department and the organization.
- Manage the planning, resourcing, hiring efforts, implementation, and risk management of your team.
- Actively contribute to design sessions and alignments, facilitate workshops, and assist with discovery projects on a range of topics and initiatives.
- Communicate and evangelize our design achievements and initiatives, ensuring design thinking practices are adopted by leaders and other stakeholders in the product organization and company as a whole.
The UX TEAM brings the best user experience existent in the B2B eCommerce market to every Billie customer. Each of the product designers at Billie owns a single domain (from Checkout to Buyers or Merchants' experience) and is embedded in a cross-functional team responsible for its problem discovery and development phases. They are supported by Data Scientists, Analysts, and a Lead UX Researcher. We started expanding within the German market and will scale into 12 markets within the next 3 years.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
You count with:
- Extensive experience in UX, Product Design, and/or Interaction Design.
- solid experience in leading a team that includes senior people management responsibilities. Managing leads will be essential for this role.
- demonstrated ability to not only navigate ambiguity but lead people through it and provide a sense of control and motivation.
- drive to create and cultivate a collaborative environment in a cross-functional environment.
- confidence to plan, support and execute design and research projects.
- familiarity working with and challenging requirements, preconceptions, and established ideas.
- strong verbal and visual presentation skills in English, with a portfolio that demonstrates it. German is a strong plus.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team's needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- An annual development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a thirsty market for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You'll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?
Years of experience